Sunday, November 4, 2012

I had a really awesome weekend! I went to a monkey sanctuary it was so beautiful! The trees were tall, green and just looked really cool and the road is a very vibrant red. There is a group of Canadian researchers there and it was fun to hangout with them. The stars were also crazily amazing there because its out in the middle of no where and the power was out. The sky was really clear except one area where there was  lightning storm which I also love. When we were there I got to climb this awesome tree called a strangler fig. The tree grows around a tree and then cuts off the tree's light supplies so it dies making it so you can go inside the tree and climb it. You should look it up because it looks awesome.  After a day there we (Anna the other volunteer and I) went to a town that had an amazing waterfall . On our way there our chocho (van were they stuff a bunch of people in order to get to some place) broke down! which was really fine with me because I was very uncomfortable because they squeezed me into a little spot facing backwards with about five things digging into me. So we waited in the middle of no where for a while and I looked down and saw this fern that is super awesome if you touch it the plant shrinks away and closes up its super cool. So i entertained myself with that for a while then a huge truck came by and we all hopped on it. It was a lot of fun. When we went to the falls the first day there was a ton of people there so we didn't actually swim but then we came back the next day right when it opened and we got the whole waterfall to ourselves! I hope everyone   is doing well! On a side note about my last side note I was talking to the Canadians and discovered what all of the bites were on my stomach. The updated count of bits on my stomach is 43. They are chicken flea bites which are caused by my bed  being infested so all I have to do is stick my mattress out in the sun and washing all my bed stuff really well.

No comments:

Post a Comment