Friday, February 12, 2016

My time here so far has been interesting. It has been one of the times were I have learned a lot and grown a lot spiritually. I am not going to lie, it has been hard. But from the challenges I’ve had I have figured out a lot about myself. I use to think that I was passionate about getting things done and implementing ideas. It turns out that I just care about people. In my opinion if you get things done but step on the people around you and tear them down even if you have implemented some grand idea you have accomplished nothing. If you help people but they can't see God in you it is all worthless. No matter how much you teach a person trying to improve their life they are still broken and miserable unless they have God. It is better to be starving and know Jesus then to be wealthy and deny him. So with that being said I have quit what I am doing here, moving in with a family I met and have turned to trying to invest in relationships with people and pursuing God. A lot of the people in Uganda are very religious but they haven’t read the bible and they don’t know what following God actually means. They go to church and follow what the pastor says and frequently what is preached is not the real gospel. I am looking into finding people like this and helping them learn to study the bible on their own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment