Friday, February 26, 2016

 Life is almost back to normal. Elections are over and it seems like there won't be any more trouble with the different political parties over who got elected. It was safe enough for me to go back into town for the first time this week and it was so nice to be able to get out of the house. I think everyone else felt the same way because town was the busiest I have seen it yet. It took me three hours to get home the other day on a trip that usually takes me half an hour. I really should have just walked but I kept thinking that the traffic jam was just about to end.
 I had a good day today. I was able to take a new friend that I met to volunteer at the orphanage I sometime help at. God has given my friend a great heart for kids with special needs and she is planning on starting a girls home for disabled children. She was able to do some physical therapy work with one of the girls there who has cerebral palsy. The little girl enjoyed working with her. She smiled and laughed more then I had ever seen her anytime I have been there. It was good to see her with so much light in her eyes. 
 As for me, God has been teaching me a lot about trusting in his plan for me. If you read some of my previous posts you might recall that I am no longer working with the person that I came down to work with. I realized that I care about people more than I care about getting things done. I also realized that those two are way more different then you would think. When you are focused so much on getting things done you don't have time for deep relationships the people you are working with. You meet, you talk about what needs to get done, you go over your timeline then you leave and repeat the same thing with whoever else you are using to accomplish your goal. We are all different and God has a unique plan for us. There are people who are great at getting things done and thrive on this kind of work. I am not one of those people. So now I am trying to figure out what God wants me to do.
  It's a little hard having a life that is so up in the air. I am moving for the second time this coming week. Luckily I didn't bring much stuff so the actual move won't be hard. The last time I moved I carried my suitcase on my lap while riding on a motorcycle, which actually went smoother then I thought it would. The hardest part of moving again will be transitioning to another way of life. I am sure it will be great but it will take some getting use to. I will be living with an awesome family that I have already learned a lot from and I am sure that living there grow my faith substantially.  
  Another thing God has been helping me with is to be satisfied in the knowledge that He loves me just the way I am and I don't have to worry about other people's opinions of me. Due to a couple different things on how my last couple months have been I have struggled with feelings of being incapable and that I am constantly being judged for being naturally terrible at many things. I know these things are not true and hopefully no one is actually judging me but it is a temptation to think these thoughts. In general life has been a little hard but I would not replace these challenges that I have had. God is good and I believe that he blesses those who struggles with times of extreme growth and spiritual intimacy. Nothing like having no one to get yourself worth from to make you really get your worth from God. God loves me and he is more important.

No comments:

Post a Comment